From The Citadel Archives Guide
Indian Hill on The Citadel campus is not an Indian burial ground, but a natural hill. Was the site of a house built c. 1700 and brick wall. On the surface of the hill a few burnished Indian sherds were found indicating it had been used by the Indians at one time and the presence of the fragments probably led to the name "Indian Hill."
Correspondence, newspaper articles and archaeological report by Stanley South of the N.C. Dept. of Archives & History concerning the excavation of Indian Hill.
AF Indian Hill
- Back to MAIN PAGE