STAR OF THE WEST
From The Citadel Archives Guide
Drawing, 2 March 1946.
By artist, H. Dyches.
sketch of the Star of the West.
Photographs and negatives in folder.
Published by George T. Perry.
"Part of Charleston Harbor embracing Forts Moultrie, Sumter, Johnson & Castle Pinckney. Also Sullivan, James & Morris Islands and showing the position of the ." Sketch of Major Anderson in corner.
Negatives & color prints of map in folder.
Telegram, 9 January 1861.
1 item, 1 p.
From Charleston to Mr. Hearne?
"The Star of the West attempted to reinforce Ft. Sumter at about 7 o'clock this morning. The batteries on Morris Island opened fire on her, fired some ten shots when she retired Ft. Sumter. Did not fire a gun. This is authentic ___?____ J.H. Heiss?" American Telegraph Company.
Handwritten, framed, on display in Museum.
Photograph in folder #805 (no neg.)
- BURKE, JOSEPH
- CHARLES, WILLIAM E., 1836-1932
- COFFIN, AMORY, 1841-1916
- FRANK LESLIE'S ILLUSTRATED NEWSPAPER
- HARPER'S WEEKLY
- NESBIT, RALPH, 1840-1912
- ROBERTSON, F.M.
- SAMS, ROBERT OSWALD, 1841-1930
- SIMKINS, WILLIAM STEWART, 1842-1929
- STAR OF THE WEST - MEDAL WINNERS
- STAR OF THE WEST--MODEL
- STAR OF THE WEST REENACTMENT
- STAR OF THE WEST--SCHOLARSHIP
- TEAGUE, BENJAMIN HAMMETT, ?-1921
- WALKER, C. IRVINE, 1842-1927
- WELCH, STEPHEN ELLIOT
- WILES, AMERICUS GEORGE DAVID, 1906-1982
- Back to MAIN PAGE