|Books||Articles||Archives||On the Web||Past Lectures|
- Books -
Fran Hawk and Brian Hicks: This week's Daniel Library Friends' speakers!
Hawk, Fran. The story of the H.L. Hunley and Queenie's coin.
- Chelsea, MI: Sleeping Bear Press, 2004.
Hicks, Brian. Ghost ship: The mysterious true story of theMary Celeste and
- her missing crew
- New York: Ballantine Books, 2005
Hicks, Brian. Raising the Hunley: The remarkable history and recovery of the lost
- Confederate submarine.
- Andrew, Rod. "Death and Rebirth," in Long Gray Lines: The Southern Military School Tradition, 1839-1915. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina, 2001.
- Baker, Gary. Cadets in Gray. Columbia: Palmetto Bookworks, 1989.
- Bond, Oliver James. The Story of the Citadel. Greenville, SC: Southern Historical Press, 1989.
- Cauthen, Charles, E. South Carolina Goes to War, 1860-1865. Chapel Hill, NC: University of NC Press, 1950.
- Conrad, James Lee. The Young Lions: Confederate Cadets at War. Mechanicsburg: Stackpole Books, 1997, (25-135).
- Cooper, William J. The Conservative Regime: South Carolina 1877-1890. Columbia, SC: University of SC Press, 2005.
- Coward, Asbury. The South Carolinians; Colonel Ashbury Coward's Memoirs. New York: Vantage Press, 1968.
- Doubleday, Abner. Reminiscences of Forts Sumter and Moultrie in 1860-'61. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1876. (Also available in electronic format from Daniel Library)
- Johnson, John. The Defense of Charleston Harbor, including Fort Sumter and the Adjacent Islands, 1863-1865. Charleston, SC: Walker, Evans & Cogswell Co., 1890.
- Citadel Cadets, the Journal of Cadet Tom Law, edited by John Adger Law. Clinton, SC: PC Press., 1941.
- Thomas, John Peyre. The History of the South Carolina Military Academy. Charleston, SC: Walker, Evans & Cogswell Co., 1893.
- Wiles, A.G.D.. The Boys Behind the Gun. Charleston: The Citadel, 1960.