Compressing pictures reduces the resolution of the images, which in
turn, reduces the file size of the entire presentation. You can choose
to compress an individual picture in the presentation, or choose all
of the images to be compressed at one time.
Compressing the pictures should be one of the final steps when creating
your presentation, to keep from repeating the procedure each
time you add a new picture.
- Click on one of the pictures in the presentation to select it. You
should see the little selection handles on each corner of the picture.
- The Picture toolbar should appear. If the toolbar doesn't
appear, go under the View menu to Toolbars and then
choose Picture. (Figure 2)
- Click on the Compress Pictures button. (Figure 3)
- The Compress Pictures dialog box will open. (Figure
- Make sure the following settings are marked:
- Apply to: All pictures in document
- Change Resolution: Web/Screen
- Compress Pictures
- Delete cropped areas of pictures
- Click the OK button.
- A second dialog box may open, asking if you want to proceed with
the image optimization. (Figure 5)
- Click the Apply button. (Figure 6)
- The images have been compressed.
- Save the presentation.
Figures 1- 6