Embedding TrueType Fonts in PowerPoint
Embedding a TruType font in your PowerPoint
presentation allows you to ensure that your presentation will look the same,
regardless of what computer it is played on.
This method will create a second copy of your presentation, so make sure
to pay attention to where the file will be saved.
Note: Embedding fonts will INCREASE the size of the presentation.
- In PowerPoint, go to the File menu and choose Save As.
- The Save As dialog box will open.
- Choose a location for the file.
- At the top-right side of the dialog box, there is a Tools
button. (Figure 4)
- Click on the Tools button, and choose Save Options.
- The Save Options dialog box will open.
- Near the bottom of the dialog box is a section titled "Font
Options for Current Document Only".
- Check the box next to Embed TrueType Fonts.
- Then, choose one of the following options.
- Embed characters in use only - only
includes the letters, numbers, etc., used in the presentation.
- Embed all characters - includes the entire set of
letters, numbers, symbols, etc. in the font.
- Click OK. (Figure 10)
- Click Save. (Figure 11)
- The fonts are now embedded in your PowerPoint presentation.