ITS Citweb Server Policy
ITS will grant server space on The Citadel’s Web server to any
Citadel department or official student organization, including Alumni
classes and regional Citadel clubs. We do not grant Web space for “personal”
ITS does not have the resources to create or maintain Web pages for
individuals, departments, or organizations. Multimedia Services also has several books on HTML and Web design, that are available for checkout in Bond 253, and numerous
online resources are available.
- To be given access to the Web site, a Citweb
account form must be filled out.
- Pages that have broken links or empty pages marked “Under Construction”
will not be posted.
- Web pages must be checked and maintained by the department or organization.
- Web pages are governed by the rules regarding intellectual property
and offensive or annoying material in The
Citadel’s Computer Use Policy.
- Personal Web pages will not be posted.
- Web pages created for a class project will be posted on the Web server
only if the content of the pages is judged to be of lasting value to
The Citadel. ITS will not post pages created for class projects until
after the class has ended.
- The main file for your Web pages (the homepage) must be named index.html
- HTML forms that mail information to a designated person are allowed
as long as they use our mailing script. For information about how to
use this script, please contact the Webmaster
- Web counters are not supported.
- Statistic reports are not available.
- Outside advertising is not allowed.
| Hotline | Computing