Associate Professor, Advisor to The Shako, Associate Director of the Honors Program
To make an appointment with Dr. Livingston, click here.
A native of Colorado, Michael Livingston holds degrees in History, Medieval Studies, and English. In his academic life, Mike is an Assistant Professor of English and Associate Director of the Honors Program at The Citadel; he’s published on a range of subjects from the 1st to the 21st centuries. His latest book is The Battle of Brunanburh: A Casebook (2011). In his fiction life Mike is an award-winning writer published in a variety of genres and venues: from a historical retelling of Beowulf to a story about quantum physics in the world-renowned journal of science, Nature. His first story collection is Angels Among Other Things (2011).
- B.A. in History, Baylor University (1998)
- M.A. in Medieval Studies, Western Michigan University (2001)
- M.A. in English, University of Rochester (2004)
- Ph.D. in English, University of Rochester (2006)
- Joined the department in 2006
Department of English / The Citadel / 171 Moultrie St. / Charleston, SC 29409-6310
email@example.com / Ph: 843-953-5068 / Fax: 843-953-1881