The Citadel Motor Pool has cars available for your business travel. In order
to use one of these
If a Citadel car is unavailable, or your need a rental car in a city you are
visiting, you may rent a car. Currently, The Citadel does not have a
contract with a rental car company.
- You will need to pay for your rental car with your
individual corporate card or you personal credit card. When you return,
you will include this expense (and receipt) on your Travel Reimbursement
You can drive your own car on a college business trip. (You may even do this
in lieu of flying.) If you choose to drive your own car:
- You are reimbursed 55.c/mile if a Citadel car is
unavailable. You must attach the Motor Pool Proof of Unavailability to
your TRD. If a Citadel car is available, you are reimbursed 51.5.c/mile.
- Compute mileage using your actual odometer reading.
- If you are driving instead of flying, the maximum
reimbursement will be the comparable airfare to your destination.
- You are responsible for your own car insurance, and if
you are in an accident your insurance is the primary coverage.
- You need to complete a TRD as you would for any other
Travel Home Page