* The Citadel Boating Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 0800 - 1600.
* The Citadel Boating Center hours of operation will change to the 4 day -10 hour schedule effective Monday, 7 June 2010. The center will be open from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Wednesday, and 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM on Thursday. Closed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
* The Boating Center will be closed on Monday 31 May in observance of Memorial Day, so please plan your boating needs accordingly.
* For information on the number and types of boats available as well as boating regulations, please visit the Physical Plant Web page on The Citadel's Web Site at http://www.citadel.edu/pplt
* You must have a valid Citadel Boating Green Card to rent a boat. To obtain
the card you must pass the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources written
exam, which is available at http://www.dnr.sc.gov,
on water practical and written exam on Citadel
Rules & Regulations. For more information on theses exams, you may visit or call the Boating Center at 953-6849.
* Rental fees for power boats are $5 a day plus gas for cadets and students (must be enrolled in summer school) and $10 a day plus gas for faculty and staff.
* Weekend reservations can be made up to two (2) weeks in advance by signing the reservation book at the Boating Center.
* Due to the continued silting of our channel, boats can only leave from or
return to our channel 1.5 hours before the high tide or 1.5 hours after the
high tide. Local tide information can be found at http://www.scdhec.gov/environment/ocrm/pubs/tide_tables.htm.
Please plan your trip around the high tides and post a trip plan on the boating center white board on the screened-in porch.
* Boats may be trailered from the Boat Center. Contact the Boat Center for information.
* Feel free to contact David Webster at 953-6849, if you have any questions.