The Citadel Boating Center began as the Citadel Yacht Club and has been in existence since the 1920's. Access to the facility began as a small creek meandering through the marsh - accessible at high tide only. Through the efforts of then President General Mark Clark the channel was constructed in 1955 for better access to the Ashley River. The Boating Center has a small fleet of power and sailboats that are available for use by Citadel Faculty, Staff, Cadets and Graduate Students who have passed the South Carolina Basic Boating Course and the Citadel Boating Safety Course. The Boating Center Staff teach both courses on campus. Other courses taught on campus include a waterskiing class and a sailing/canoeing/kayak class. The Boating Center has a large clubhouse with kitchen facilities, restrooms and a large open outdoor deck with grills. Two floating docks provide access to the water.
For a description of the Boating Program please click here.
For a copy of the Boat Center Regulations please click here.
For a copy of the Boating Center Storage Policy please click here.
For a copy of the current charges for boats and boat storage please click here.
For a copy of the Club House use and rental policy please click here.
For the Boating Center Hours of Operation please click here.