Life Income Gifts
For many Citadel family
and friends, the desire to make a significant gift to the college is balanced
by a need for continuing income from those assets. Fortunately, The Citadel Foundation's
life income gift program makes it possible for a donor to achieve both objectives
and receive substantial tax benefits as well.
Life income gifts to The
Citadel Foundation may take the form of a gift to a
remainder trust or a gift to establish a
gift annuity. Often gifts in one of these forms will actually increase a donor's
or beneficiary's income. Additionally, these life-income gifts may provide some
or all of the following rewards:
· A current charitable income tax deduction
· Reduction or elimination of capital gain taxes on appreciated property
used to make your gift.
· A reduction in estate and inheritance taxes
· Professional investment management
· Tax-favored income
· The satisfaction of having made a significant
gift to The Citadel
While cash may be used to fund a life income gift to TCF, gifts of appreciated
property or securities provide additional tax benefits.