To register for the class, you must either 1) apply per the instructions below or 2) reactivate your student record (instructions below) prior to Monday, January 4, 2016.
If you have NOT previously taken a graduate course at the Citadel, or if the course you took was more than 5 years ago, follow these steps:
- Click on this link: https://banprdssb.citadel.edu/PROD/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon
- Click on "First time user account creation" (right below the "login" button).
- Follow the instructions for completing the application. When prompted for your Planned Course of Study, select "Graduate Non-Degree" from the drop-down menu. In the section where it says, "How did you hear about usv write in LWP.
- Once you complete and submit your application, a screen will prompt you to "Select Admission Type." The default response is "General Student". You should click on the down arrow. From the choices in the drop down menu, please select "WVR-AF15". This will "waive" the application fee. If you do not select this, it will not let you continue on without paying the fee.
- Within a few days, you will receive an acknowledgement email requesting a copy of your college transcript. For this class, you may provide a photocopy of an unofficial transcript. Transcripts must include 1) the degree awarded, 2) the date it was awarded, and 3) the name of the institution granting the degree. You can scan the transcript and email it to email@example.com, you can fax it to 843-953-7630, or you can mail or hand-deliver a hard copy to The CGC (Citadel Graduate College) office.
- Once all these steps are complete, you will receive an acceptance email containing new student information and instructions for registering. The CRN for the class is 12821.
If you HAVE previously taken a graduate course at the Citadel (in the last 5 years), follow these steps:
- Click on this link: http://www.citadel.edu/root/images/CGC/Forms/change_of_information.pdf
- Update the form to include all changes (if any) since you last took a Citadel graduate course. (Name changes will require additional documentation, such as a copy of a marriage license or divorce decree.)
- Be sure to include your FULL legal name and Campus Wide ID (CWID) number.
- Under the second section, select "Reactivate my Student Record" and indicate Spring 2016, Program: Non-degree
- Sign and date the bottom
- Once you have completed the above steps, 1) save the form to your computer. 2) email the completed form with signature to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a note in the email that you are taking a LWP course.
- Once all of these steps are complete, you will receive a confirmation email with returning student information and instructions for registering. The CRN for the class is 12821
If you run into any issues with this process, please contact the staff at The Citadel Graduate College at email@example.com or (843) 953-5089 for assistance. If you have any questions about the course, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ONLY fee for this class is a payment of $300 (checks payable to "The Citadel"), which should be sent to the address below. (Do NOT send your check to the graduate school; send it to the address below!) We must receive your check by January 4, 2016 in order for you to participate in the course.
Send check for $300 (payable to "The Citadel") to this address:
Tom Thompson, Director
Lowcountry Writing Project
English Department, The Citadel
171 Moultrie Street
Charleston, SC 29409-6310